Polished concrete flooring is perfect for anyone with a concrete floor wanting:
- Easy to clean concrete floors
- A polished surface that doesn’t scratch
- A shiny floor designed to last forever
- A glass-like floor that’s waterproof
- Nothing to peel, fade, or damage. Noting to replace. Ever!
Glossy Floors has been polishing concrete floors in the Central United States since 1987. Be sure to have a look at our polished concrete image gallery. Give us a call at (888) 997-7463 and speak with a concrete polishing expert.
Here are a few of the most frequently asked questions about polished concrete. If you have any additional questions about concrete polishing or the polished concrete process, please feel free to contact us at any time.
- What is Polished Concrete?
- Is Polished Concrete Slippery?
- Benefits of Polished Concrete Floors
- Where is Polished Concrete Used?
- How Much Does Polished Concrete Cost?
Polished concrete flooring is the Go-To floor for those looking for aesthetics, durability, and cost savings. Polished concrete is the most durable floor in the world, hands down!
Looking for polished concrete pricing? Take a look at current pricing for polished concrete floors.
What is Polished Concrete?
Polished concrete is very similar to sanding wood. We use large machines to mechanically grind, hone, and eventually polish concrete. Just like wood, our machines can polish a concrete floor to a specified level of shine.
While most concrete floors can be polished, there are a few exceptions. If an existing concrete floor is older than 28 days (ASTM Standard) it is a prime candidate for polishing. The only reason for starting the polished concrete process sooner is if the polish is going to expose the aggregate. We recommend initial grinding within the first 10 days if exposed aggregate polished concrete is desired.
Levels of Polished Concrete
- Level 1 (Flat) This is a very dull shine. We can usually achieve this by stopping the polishing process at or below 100 grit.
- Level 2 (Satin) The concrete floor is just starting to get some really good shine during this phase. It is stopped after the 400 grit. If looking about 100 feet away, you can start to see the ceiling. Not very much clarity though. This is a really good matte finish for polished concrete.
- Level 3 (Semi-Polished) A level 3 polish stops after 800 grit. It has a much higher sheen compared to a level 2 shine and also has much more clarity. When standing back 30-50 feet, the floor will clearly reflect lighting from the ceiling and walls.
- Level 4 (Highly Polished) A level 4 polish produces a very high shine both when standing directly over the surface and from a distance. You will be able to see your reflection with total clarity. The floor will appear to be wet when viewed from different angles. A level 4 polish is achieved by polishing up to a 3,000-grit using resin-bonded diamonds or by burnishing the floor with a high-speed burnisher.
Benefits of Polished Concrete Floors
- Cost Savings: Polished concrete is extremely inexpensive! Because of this, the high cost of traditional flooring materials such as carpet, tile, VCT, and Laminate isn’t necessary when the original slab is going to be used as the finished floor surface.
- Resistant to high traffic areas: Unlike other flooring materials, polished flooring will never fade. Even if stained, the stain will not fade, even under the heaviest of traffic. Our method of staining is a time-proven method that will stand the test of time.
- Colors and designs: Polished concrete can be easily stained to match any existing decor and the design and color possibilities for your floors are endless. From simple colors to detailed borders, logos and designs, these particular concrete floors are only limited by imagination. We can also help design your flooring project… Just give us an idea as to what you’re looking for and we can give you tons of ideas!.
- Less maintenance/Longer service life: Polished concrete floors are not only easy to clean, they usually require only the occasional damp mopping. No wax is necessary in order to maintain the shine of your new floor! Polished floors eliminate the need for waxes and coatings as well as the labor, time and expense to apply them. The glossy surface can also resist the usual marks left behind from forklift truck tires and the usual staining from oil and/or chemical spills.
- Resistant to moisture problems: Polished floors, unlike epoxy, laminate, and wood floors, allow the floor to appropriately breathe. As a result, this eliminates all the issues that may arise with other flooring materials that completely seal the concrete.
- High Lighting Reflectivity: This is very important for places like warehouses, office buildings, hotel floors, restaurant floors. It projects a brighter, cleaner, more professional image. Polished floors can also save energy by reducing the amount of artificial lighting required.
- Sustainable Flooring Alternative: You do not need any type of hazardous coatings or cleaners.
Polished Concrete Floors Are Versatile
Because polishing is a step-by-step process, commercial business owners and homeowners alike are able to choose the level of shine from satin to a very high gloss floor, whichever meets your maintenance and aesthetic requirements. This amount of versatility makes our concrete floors an excellent flooring option for a variety of places.
Some of the most common places you’ll find polished concrete floors include:
- Garage floors
- Living Rooms
- Pet Stores
- Retail stores
- Office buildings
- Car dealership showrooms
While we prefer to let our work speak for itself, we also like to have our previous customers speak for us as well. We can tell you how much we love polished concrete. We can also tell you that polished concrete flooring is the perfect flooring option. However, instead of us telling you how great it is, take a look at our customer reviews direct from Facebook. Please feel free to visit us on Facebook.
How Long Does Polished Concrete Last?
Polished concrete is what we refer to as “The most durable floor on the planet“. Properly maintained, (Sweeping, mopping, no harsh chemicals, etc.) a polished concrete floor can last for generations. There is nothing to peel, fade, or chip.
Is Polished Concrete Slippery?
We get this question quite often. Mainly because our floors tend to look like a lake. We take the question as a compliment.
While the friction cohesion of a polished concrete floor is better than 95% of all other types of floors, it can be slippery when wet. So can tile, linoleum, your existing concrete, etc.
How Much Does Polished Concrete Cost?
The cost for polished concrete will vary by, square footage, the amount of preparation needed, and the complexity of the project as well as design options. You can typically expect to pay between $3 and $12 per square foot. Residential pricing is slightly higher than commercial polished concrete because of the need for smaller equipment and tighter spaces. To get a better idea of what pricing you can expect to have your concrete floors polished, see our polished concrete pricing article.
Contact Glossy Floors
Glossy Floors has been in the concrete industry since 1987
Our services include:
Polished Concrete Floors
Stained Polished Concrete Floors
Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, we service commercial, industrial and residential customers in Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansas, and Texas.
Glossy Floors offers a 100% Price Match Guarantee. If one of our competitors is offering their services at a lower price for the same services, Glossy Floors will match that price. Just show us a written bid!
Some of our happy customers include: Bass Pro Shops, Ashley Furniture, Meeks, Orscheln, Price Cutter, Sav A Lot, U-Haul, Walmart, Sam’s Club, University of Arkansas, Sunbelt Rentals, Cabela’s, Keeling Company, John Brown University, Lyon College, Holiday Inn, Allstate, Starbucks, PODS, Lewis and Clark, Subway and literally hundreds of other customers turned friends. Let Glossy Floors be your concrete polishing company and get the most durable floor on the planet.
Be sure to ask about our low price guarantee!