Concrete joint filling and concrete joint repair for Polished concrete floors is an extremely important step that should never be overlooked. When constructing or remodeling a warehouse, the concrete floors will usually get much thought and consideration, but the concrete joints seem to be an afterthought.
Should the floors be stained and polished? What color stain would look best with the color on the walls? Is the concrete slab thick enough? Are the expansion joints flush enough for forklift traffic?
Concrete joint filling should be given just as much consideration as the rest of the concrete floor as properly finished expansion joints can help protect your concrete floor from serious damage.
While polished concrete floors are quickly becoming the Go-To floor for those looking for aesthetics, durability and cost savings, concrete joint filling should be considered one of the most important factors for great aesthetics. Improperly filled expansion joints can make an entire warehouse floor look bad and it can end up costing thousands more to have it repaired properly.
Concrete joint filling can typically run anywhere from $1.75 to $4.00 per linear foot when they are new versus $25 to $50 for joints that require repair.
Looking for polished concrete pricing? Take a look at current pricing for polished concrete floors.
There are 2 types of joints that require attention. Expansion joints and control joints.
- Control joints are designed to help with concrete stress cracking. They’re usually cut into a concrete slab anywhere from a few hours (Using early entry saws) to 48 hours max after the slab has been poured. Since control joints are designed to relieve stress cracking in concrete slabs, the earlier they are cut into the concrete, the better they can start to help protect the slab.
- Expansion joints are usually much larger. They help with the expanding and contracting concrete slabs due to movement, settling, temperature changes, etc.
Be sure to have a look at our polished concrete image gallery.
Why Is Concrete Joint Filling Important in Warehouses?
- Cost Savings: Concrete joint filling can save hundreds and even thousands of dollars due to necessary repairs during the life of the polished concrete floor. Filling concrete joints is extremely inexpensive compared to the cost of repairing faulty joints later on!
- Resistant to high traffic areas: In warehouses with forklifts, a properly filled concrete joint can withstand heavy traffic for many, many years. An improperly filled (or empty) expansion joint or control joint will suffer damage that will eventually need to be repaired. Not only can it cause damage to forklifts and create a trip hazard, it will drastically decrease the aesthetics of the concrete floor.
- Colors and designs: Control joints and expansion joints can easily match any existing floor color and the design and color possibilities for your concrete joints are endless. Concrete joint filling doesn’t have to be plain gray or white.
- Less maintenance: Concrete joint filling has the added benefit of requiring less maintenance since there are no long expansion joints to clean out.
Who Needs Concrete Joint Filling
Some of the most common places you’ll find where the concrete joints are filled:
- Garage floors
- Living Rooms
- Pet Stores
- Retail stores
- Office buildings
- Car dealership showrooms
Glossy Floors has been in the concrete industry since 1987
Our services include:
Based in Bentonville, Arkansas, we service commercial, industrial and residential customers in Missouri, Oklahoma, Arkansas, Kansa, and Texas.
Glossy Floors offers a 100% Price Match Guarantee. If one of our competitors is offering their services at a lower price for the same services, Glossy Floors will match that price. Just show us a written bid!
Some of our happy customers include: Bass Pro Shops, Ashley Furniture, Meeks, Orscheln, Price Cutter, Sav A Lot, U-Haul, Walmart, Sam’s Club, University of Arkansas, Sunbelt Rentals, Cabela’s, Keeling Company, John Brown University, Lyon College, Holiday Inn, Allstate, Starbucks, PODS, Lewis and Clark, Subway and literally hundreds of other customers turned friends. Let Glossy Floors be your concrete polishing company and get the most durable floor on the planet with a polished concrete logo.
Be sure to ask about our low price guarantee!