Unlike regular concrete that’s going to have a broom finish when it’s completed, a concrete mix design for polished concrete can make a huge difference in the final overall appearance of the product.
If you’re looking to get your concrete floors polished and you have not yet poured the concrete for your slab, you have the ability to have a very unique floor.
While just about any type of concrete mix design for polished concrete is acceptable and can be polished, there are a few things you can do to make sure you get the absolute best polished concrete floor possible.
Keep in mind that Glossy Floors has been in the concrete industry since 1987 and not only produces some of the most beautiful polished concrete floors in the Central United States, but we can also set and pour concrete footings as well as pour the concrete for the slab. We pride ourselves on being the concrete flooring contractor that can literally do it all!
Concrete Mix Design For Polished Concrete
- Do not add air to the concrete if at all possible. If you feel the need to have air-entrained concrete, try not to exceed 3%.
- Use a minimum 3,500 PSI mix. Between 3,500 and 5,000 is preferred for polished concrete. 3,000 PSI is normal for concrete driveways, concrete sidewalks and patios.
- Fly ash should not exceed 20 percent of the total cement.
- It’s best not to use calcium chloride accelerators. NCA is a great replacement product that will accelerate the drying process.
- If exposing the aggregate is planned, it’s very important to understand how the aggregate is going to look once it becomes polished.
- If adding rocks, large flat rocks are an excellent choice.
- Color hardeners that sit on top of the concrete can potentially be ground off, so use a color that’s designed to go in the concrete truck.
- The slab should be power troweled flat, but preferably not burned in.
If those simple steps are followed and the concrete contractor finishing the floor does a good installation job, you should be able to have the perfect polished concrete floor.
If you need help in determining whether or not your concrete is suitable for polishing, don’t hesitate to get in touch with Glossy Floors. Although most concrete can in fact be polished, feel free to have Glossy Floors take a look to determine if your floors can be polished. It only takes a few minutes and it’s completely free.
We have lots of design ideas for polished concrete, but your imagination is the key to having a truly unique polished concrete floor that you can be proud of for years to come!
For more information on our polished concrete flooring services, please feel free to contact us at any time. For your added convenience, we have an online appointment scheduling system so you can have one of our owners call or come by on a day and time that works best for you.
If you would like to see how your floor would look with polished concrete, visualize your polished concrete with our polished concrete visualization tool.
We serve the following cities (In Arkansas: Rogers ) in Arkansas, Fayetteville, Arkansas, Springdale, Arkansas, Rogers, Arkansas, Bentonville, Arkansas, Bella Vista, Arkansas, Eureka Springs, Arkansas, Fort Smith Arkansas, Siloam Springs, Arkansas, (In Missouri) Neosho, Missouri, Joplin, Missouri, Springfield, Missouri, Branson, Missouri, Kansas City, Missouri, (In Oklahoma) Muldrow, Oklahoma, Tulsa, Oklahoma (In Texas) Houston, Texas, Dallas, Texas and anything in between. As long as the concrete project is in Arkansas, Texas, Oklahoma or Missouri, we would be honored to work on your concrete project.
Glossy Floors is the premier concrete contractor for Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas and Missouri and we want to be your concrete polishing and concrete staining company!
For your added convenience, we provide an online bid request form. Fill out a simple form for the day and time most convenient to you and we’ll show up and provide a free, written estimate. It’s as simple as that!
We also have a low price guarantee: Show us a written bid from any another concrete company in Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas or Missouri and we’ll match it!